Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Looking Through a Lense



In a foreign country one comes to realize how dependend we are on one another. Going abroad is supposed to be a sign of a desire for independency, showing that I can detatch myself from my usual surroundings just about whenever I want. I'd say that on the contrary, you notice how the people around you become so important. Being independent (in this context going abroad) requires a vast amount of self-confidence, which again you retain by letting yourself admit that you are weak and so much longing for contact with your peers. It is all about establishing, being open to the extreme. Something that can be hard for us stiff Nordics (there can be exceptions!). But I am enjoying it , breaking my boudaries and steadily crawling my way into the social circles.

Already in a week I have learned about myself, my character and my way of doing things. I have discovered that there are prejudices to be broken, some habits to be changed and defenitely some reflecting to be done. Going to go and start with some sweet dreaming :)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Touché! Very good comment on (inter)depencies, indeed.
    -Akseli-

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters