Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Reconnecting



An organisation called AIESEC has been a part of my life for the past 5 years or so. I do not really know a clear way to explain my relationship to it or even what the whole concept of it is. I can thank this funny acronym for so many wonderful things that my past five years have included. I have gotten to experience a whole lot, and more importantly I have met many great people with whom I can share these experiences. Coming to this country is definitely one, if not the most important experience this acronym has provided me. There has also been a great deal of frustration in connection with this word. Looking back as an old, and supposedly experienced member, all that frustration has well been worth it. Now, when I think, there would have been space for even more frustration, if that would have been the price for many more learning experiences and other great things.


Last weekend I went to a local AIESEC seminar together with 5 other trainees to facilitate in a session called BODAS (be one day as...), which aim was to teach the Czech @-members something about one's country and culture. This seminar was for the newly recruited members of the local committee in Brno. I so much enjoyed watching the young new people learn about what lies behind this acronym. And knowing what all this organisation has to offer, I really hope that at least some of them do embrace the chances and go for getting the most out of it. It was great to interact with so open minded people. There really aren't that many cultural differences between the Finns and the locals, but surely I could notice some little things. Like people weren't all that shy towards us foreigners and also one a bit annoying thing... People liked to dance to slow 'n' cheesy music and especially the boys seem to enjoy dancing with all the different gals. I mean in Finland you only hear like max two slow songs in nighclubs and, those are to chace the people off before closing. Hehe, I was getting a bit bored, but at least I had some nice blokes to spin me around :) Anyway, hopefully I'll have a chance to contribute further to the local AIESEC activities during my time here. Please find uploaded some morepics from the seminar as well as my surroundings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters