Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Message In a Bottle...






Gosh, it is the middle of October 2007. I am 26 years old. I am making this note into my virtual diary, a blog as they like to call it. My diary lies on a complex collection of electric circuits that form a huge parallel universe, a web that is world wide. After 10 years or so there probably won’t be any remark of this line ever been written. The memory remarks in the network are vulnerable, they fade as quickly as they are written there. Tons of digital content, hypertext, audio, motion, etc. populate the bands every second. My posting is nothing but a whisper in the digital cacophony.

During the past year I think I've gotten less than 10 touchable messages; cards, letters ‘n’ such. Maybe a few cards before Christmas, two from my mom from her travels and one from a friend when I graduated. I think there were no letters what so ever… No, hold on. Yes, I got a letter with some pictures from Anja, a German friend. All together these cards and especially the letter are the most memorable ones of all my messaging. Hmm… of course I didn't respond to this letter the same way, but by sending an email.

I am sometimes dead scared of what will happen should the www one day stop existing. There goes all my correspondence, my contacts, my networks. Heck, that would be a true catastrophe! It is a kinda scary thought that all my stuff is scattered around the world on different servers, to which basically anyone can have access, if knowing how. But yea, mobility is the trend of the day and it so seems that I am changing my address every few months. It would be very difficult to keep everyone updated of addresses etc. stabile things. In the virtual universe one is always at reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters