Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Epilogue - Brno




Some eight months or so ago I would have never imagined that leaving Brno would be this hard. Correct. I am leaving this town for at least some time (or maybe for good, who knows…). I remember like yesterday, how I sat on the buss on my way from Vienna on that dark March Sunday night. After a never ending ride in the darkness, I was finally greeted by our beautiful illuminated land mark, the Petrov Cathedral. However, the town seemed kinda gloomy there and then. I was early so I sat on the bench on the buss stop hoping that no local crazy person would approach and start harassing me or anything nasty like that. Luckily the only person to approach me was Eva, our VP ICX, who took me to my first home, Trybova 4. From there I then rebounded through Pellicova 27 flat to the Zabrdovicka Inc. where I have been happily living till now.


A lot has happened during those months but most importantly I’ve met some wonderful people, with who I have the pleasure to share all my experiences. The Brno people, other trainees, colleagues, local friends, AIESEC folks etc. are the glue to keep each other going in times of home sickness, disappointments, frustration and other tough moments. The same way, this crowd highlights the good times and sharing those brings an extra edge on the joy we experience here. Gosh, did that sound cheesy or what! :) But that's how I see it. I hope I will be able to meet as many of you again somewhere somehow.

I have experienced how it is to be different. Even if I in one of my posts claimed that Czechs and Finns aren’t that different, there are still differences enough to make you ponder. One of the greatest skills of a humanbeing is to be able to detach oneself from the context and question one's own behavior. Why do I think like this? Why do I act like this? What is it in this environment that makes me thinks/say/do these things? I personally have gone through the whole scale of emotions from wanting to kill myself to those belly tickling infatuations. It only proves that every single moment of my stay here I've been very much alive. I have learned alot, if not as much professionally as I would have wanted, but certainly about myself as a person. I am leaving this place with still some words unspoken, some things undone, some questions unasked, some answers unfound. But all the same, I am leaving with my heart and soul full of fantastic memories. There has always been something to do, someone to go with, someone to talk to. I will miss the parties, the trips, walks, talks, the laughs, coffee & beer moments, random hanging out with friends, answer searching sessions :) and so much more. Leaving is tough, yes, but the longer you stay the tougher it will get.



So thanks guys!! I will miss you all…

The upcoming Monday I take off from Vienna airport and hope to land safely to Colombo Sri Lanka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters