Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Fundamental Q & A



I realize it now, the importance of self discovery and planning one’s life on at least some level. Doing time abroad is a marvellous way to initiate this process. I have come to notice that I really have to develop my determination to things. I never would have thought, but I am in many ways a people pleaser, a sort of “yes yes person”. If someone asks me would you like to do something in the afternoon/evening/tomorrow/29th of May, I tend to agree before considering. Or I just vaguely mumble “maybe”. The time scope of planning my free time is easily only a few minutes.

Of course there are now so many more social life opportunities (i.e. more people asking about my plans) than what I am used to. I will have to think about what it is I really want to do, not just float to some happenings even if I should be somewhere else. I am pretty exhausted right now and dream of getting a good night sleep. But no, the most likely result of my upcoming Friday evening is a hangover + sleeping late tomorrow. I did plan to go to the gym, but…

And moreover… How I ended up here in Czech Republic also demonstrates this feature. I just drifted. In stead of a clear focus of which direction I want to direct my career to, I chose the place mainly cause a big group of trainees seemed like fun and the LC had a well maintained webpage. So not that very rational reasons… Some friends and acquaintances of mine are quite developed in self organising. They have a vision. They have developed action plans. They seem to be so damn satisfied in their little development paths. I envy that…and then again not so much. I kinda like surprises. Only I like them to come in some sort of framework. That works for me. One has to discover their own way of planning things. Gotta work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters