Cultural Learnings of Life For Make Benefit Glorious Humanbeings

Just very very random thoughts about life around me, how to learn from one another and take life as it comes.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sing, Sing, Sing




I though of describing my current mindset through a selection of songs, namely the following:

Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin

Janis sings about getting a bunch of fancy (useless) stuff to get happier. The boom of capitalism here is striking. Everyone advertising and selling... trying to pursue for a better life by utlizing the slightest possibility to make instant money. So it seems. And yes, in the middle of all the poverty & pollution, my mind wonders on all those cheap wonderful things I absolutely need to get to myself before I leave.

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'n' Roses

Ahhaha, this is obvious... Indeed, jungle it is. Everymorning I wake up to the sounds of god knows how many different birds' all but harmonous singing. The noices, the smells the thunder and rain, all in the middle of a busy capital city. Man, the only thing that lacks is Tarzan and his Jane. And, nope. Cannot "escape" it to the office. Just got freaked out by a cockroach next to my feet...

Car Wash - Rose Royce

Ok so, this is a bit dumb maybe, but remember the part where the chorus sings " Just work and work and work and work..." That's what I am doing. Quite a routine here, but it's cool. Like the song, cheerful not depressing.

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien - Edith Piaf

Hmm... whatever the pain, there is always a gain. So no regrets!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counters